Sunday, September 29, 2013

I took this pic last year.  With the hint of Fall in the air, I want to feel the season in it's fullness. 
A few weeks ago I joined a writing meetup.  I was at the meetup with one other person, the founder of this particular writing conference.  As we talked, I realized I love to write, that's it.  I don't know the ins and outs of the writing business.  Overwhelmed by the information I received, I put down my pen, tucked my typing fingers under me and didn't touch creative writing for almost two weeks.  For me it's not about knowing the writing business, it is more about the expression of myself, the creative ideas that sometimes flow and are sometimes clogged some where in my psyche.  When the creative flow comes I'm thankful, when it leaves me I've learned not to push, but to nurture myself.  The thing is, I haven't learned this lesson well, so I have to relearn nurturance of my craft every time it is flighty and leaves me.  What I do know is that the creative well will open again in it's own time, in it's own way, all I can do is be unguarded, able to witness the creativeness as it unfold.  Thankful for all experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment